Read this article in our “2016 Year in Review” edition here: LINK>>>
A hernia occurs when part of an organ (like the intestine) pushes through into an area of the body where it normally should not be.
• The Signs and symptoms of a hernia:
o Noticeable protrusion
o Feeling pain while lifting or during activities
o Dull aching sensation
o Vague feeling of fullness
o Nausea and constipation
Gason ywi fwa pi fasil pou gen èni épi ven fwa pi riske pou jwenn trètman pa rapò ak fanm.
• Men are eight times more likely to develop a hernia and 20 times more likely to need a hernia repair compared with women.
• Options for repair of a hernia (Open / Laparoscopic) depend upon the size of the hernia and its location
• Though the diagnosis of a suspected hernia can usually be made with physical examination sometimes additional imaging may be necessary in the form of an ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI.
• Men are eight times more likely to develop a hernia and 20 times more likely to need a hernia repair compared with women
• More than 20 million hernias are estimated to be repaired every year around the world. Per year approximately 700,000 hernia repairs are carried out in the USA.
We Specialize in HERNIA REPAIR
Don’t just have your hernia fixed – Have it repaired
“The Joseph Surgery Way”
Dr. Romane Joseph is a General Surgery Specialist in Miami Shores, Florida. He graduated with honors from Umdnj-robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2003. Having more than 14 years of diverse experiences, especially in GENERAL SURGERY, Dr. Romane Joseph affiliates with many hospitals including Jackson Memorial Hospital, North Shore Medical Center, and cooperates with other doctors and specialists in medical group Joseph Surgery LLC.
Joseph Surgy: 9415 NE 6th Ave, Miami Shores, FL 33138
Phone: (786) 401-6455 | Website: www.JosephSurgeryMiami.com